Efficient price recording with the crowd
What companies need to optimise their own sales prices are the prices of their competitors. Conventional agencies that offer price recording have simply proven to be too expensive. The consequence of the high costs: sales prices are recorded in samples that are too small and provide price optimisation with only half the truth from the competition.
In order to record the sales prices of their competitors systematically, quickly and inexpensively, well-known companies from retail, system catering or the mineral oil industry rely on appJobber and its community. The users of appJobber are available throughout Europe to collect the required data: Efficiently and inconspicuously with their own smartphone.
Price information already 24 hours after order
Sales prices are documented by appJobber users with receipt photos, date, time and geotag. To gain comprehensive insights, hundreds or thousands of sales outlets can be visited within a short period of time. By selecting certain retailers, sales areas or distribution channels, the client specifies the framework conditions for the price collection. The following survey options are also available:
- ad-hoc: one-time price collection of individual articles or article lists
- Cyclical: regular monitoring of specified articles & retailers
- Shopping basket surveys: Price recording of a product selection ("the cheapest milk", "the cheapest beer")
The image recognition software from appJobber then ensures that the prices are read quickly and efficiently from the photos taken on site; price information can thus be made available from as little as 24 hours after the assignment.
Price recording & further information
Once the user is on site, he or she can record further data in addition to the sales prices during his or her store visit. For example, the following information can also be documented:
- Strike prices, promotional prices and other price labelling claims
- Shelf stoppers with inscriptions (such as "Discount price", "Promotion", "New")
- Consumer unit packaging size
- Current promotions & activities in the secondary placement
Price monitoring with dashboard
appJobber provides its customers with all data in easily importable standard formats. In this way, price optimisation systems and processes are always kept up to date with current data. In addition, appJobber provides its customers with a price monitoring dashboard if required in order to make the precious data collected accessible and analysable in a user-friendly way for employees as well.
Of course, price competition for most companies does not only take place in the stationary shop. In addition, appJobber therefore offers the integration of price data from
- the systematic, partially automated evaluation of the retailer's handouts
- Online shops of different internet retailers
- the Amazon Analytics Tools for Amazon Sellers and Vendors